This deliciously mild curry is perfect for gently introducing to your baby the spices and herbs that you enjoy – simply adjust to suit their taste
- 1 sweet potato (approx. unpeeled. weight 250g)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped (optional)
- 2cm cube root ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1-2tsp mild curry powder
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1x 210g canned chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2tbsp fresh chopped coriander (optional)
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into rough 2 cm cubes. Place in a saucepan with garlic, ginger and curry powder and stir well to coat the potato in the curry powder.
- Add the coconut milk and 200ml of water and bring up to the boil slowly. Add the chick peas, reduce heat slightly and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the potato is tender. Add the coriander then blend with a food processor or hand blender until smooth or semi-smooth. Serve warm or when cold spoon into ice-cube trays for freezing.