For the latest weaning trend start with single vegetable tastes. This has been shown to increase vegetable acceptance in little ones as they grow up so there should be no need to hide vegetables in sauce. Your little one’s expression may just be of surprise and intrigue rather than dislike. Persistence is key as it can take up to eight times for a new taste to be accepted.
We recommend single vegetable purées of broccoli, courgette or beetroot
- 150g broccoli, courgette or beetroot
- 120ml of baby's usual milk or water
- Boil or steam the vegetable of your choice until tender.
- Cool to room temperature, then purée to create a smooth consistency with your baby’s usual milk or water before serving.
- Any leftover? If you’ve made more than you need, make sure you put it in an ice-cube tray and freeze straightaway.
The recommended foods and portion amounts provided are a guide – always listen to your baby’s hunger and fullness cues and let them decide how much to eat