If your little one is ready for stage two weaning, give this apricot and oat compote a go. It’s a healthy summery option that will introduce chunkier food to your baby’s diet
- 500g apricots, stoned and roughly chopped
- 100ml apple juice
- 3tbsp fromage frais
- 1 heaped tsp porridge oats
- Place the apricots and apple juice in a medium-sized pan.
- Heat over a medium heat with a lid on for 10-15 minutes, until the apricots are softened.
- Purée roughly and leave to cool.
- To serve, spoon the fromage frais into a bowl and top with a portion of the apricot.
- Swirl through and sprinkle with the oats.
- The rest of the purée can be portioned up and kept in the fridge for five days or frozen for one month.