A deliciously adaptable fish recipe for little ones, just purée down for younger babies. Suitable from 7 months+. Brought to you by Organix.
- 200g line caught white fish fillet (such as haddock or cod)
- 300g potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dessert spoon of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 100g frozen peas
- Half pint of milk (to poach the fish)
- Poach the fish for 5-10 minutes in the milk with the bay leaf, until the fish is cooked.
- Once cooked lift out the fish but keeping the cooking liquid. Carefully remove all the skin and bones from the fish and sieve the cooking liquid.
- Peel and dice the potatoes, then boil for approximately 12 minutes until cooked. Add the peas to the pan for the final few minutes of cooking time, so they are cooked but still nice and green.
- Drain the potato and peas, flake the fish with a fork, then place everything in a bowl and add a sprinkling of parsley.
- Puree until smooth or mash to the desired texture – add the cooking liquid to soften the mixture and achieve the right consistency for your little one.
Start your weaning journey with a little help from Organix