Made with four ingredients, this classic casserole is super easy for you to make and your baby or toddler to eat. Serve with ready made mash for extra taste and texture
- 25g quick cook barley
- 2 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 1 (370g) bag mixed carrots, cauliflower and broccoli
- 2tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Cook the pearl barley according to packet instructions in water until soft; drain.
- Place the chicken thighs in another saucepan with the vegetables and cover with approximately 1 litre water (or enough to just cover the chicken and vegetables) and gradually bring up to the boil. Remove any froth from the surface with a draining spoon.
- Reduce the heat slightly and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes adding the thyme and the cooked pearl barley to the pan for the final 5 minutes. Use a food processor or hand blender to blend until semi smooth. Serve warm and freeze remaining in ice-cube trays once cold.