A great recipe for your weaning baby and you.
- 3 cod fillets, skin removed
- 600ml milk
- 30g butter
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, washed, trimmed and finely chopped
- 40g plain flour
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread, crumbed
- 2tbsp fresh parsely, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven (180ºC/fan 160ºC/Gas 4).
- Place the fish into a saucepan, cover with the milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for 5 mins. Remove from heat, cover and leave to stand for 10 mins. Carefully lift the fish from the pan and place into an ovenproof dish. Break fish into large pieces. Put the milk to one side for use later.
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan, add the leeks and cook gently for 5 mins or until soft. Add the flour and cook for a few mins. Gradually add the milk (from earlier), stirring constantly until smooth. Add half the cheese and season with a little freshly-ground black pepper.
- Steam the broccoli until just cooked and add to the fish in the ovenproof dish. Pour the sauce over the top.
- In a small bowl mix together the remaining cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley (if using), and scatter over the top. Cook for 20 mins or until bubbling and golden on top.