These treat-size pies taste yummy, and make great homemade presents too!
- 175g ready-made mincemeat
- 1tsp finely-grated orange zest
- 1tsp finely-grated lemon zest
- 3 glacé cherries, finely chopped
- ½ small Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
- 375g Tesco ready-rolled sweet shortcrust pastry
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 5. Mix together the mincemeat, orange and lemon zest, glacé cherries and chopped apple, then set aside.
- Lay the pastry on a work surface and cut 24 circles using a 5cm fluted cutter. Use half the pastry circles to line a 12-hole mini muffin tin, setting aside the remaining circles until the first batch are cooked.
- Fill the pastry-lined tin with small teaspoons of the mincemeat mixture. Using the pastry scraps and a small Christmas-themed cutter, cut small shapes and use to top the pies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and bubbling. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before removing from the tin and cooling on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining pastry and mincemeat.
- When all the pies have cooled, dust with icing sugar. Serve warm or cold.