This protein-packed dip is just so versatile; a perfect snack during pregnancy, as well as for hungry toddlers. Serve with sticks of raw vegetables, like carrots or pepper, or pitta bread
- 2tbsp sesame seeds
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Sticks of carrots, cucumber and celery for dipping
- Heat the sesame seeds and ground cumin in a dry frying pan for a minute (reserve 1 teaspoonful of the mixture), then put in a food processor. Add the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice and oil and whizz to a purée.
- Stir in the coriander and black pepper, and blend again. You can add more olive oil or water until the houmous has reached your desired consistency.
- Serve in a small bowl sprinkled with the reserved sesame seed mixture and the vegetable sticks for dipping.