This fishy mackerel pâté is simple to make and tastes delicious with your favourite bread or toast. Great for a quick lunch or as a healthy snack with wholemeal crackers
- 3 smoked mackerel fillets
- 125ml natural yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Remove the skin from the mackerel fillets and flake the fish into a food processor (or into a bowl if using a handheld blender).
- Add the yoghurt, garlic and lemon juice and purée until smooth. Season with a little freshly ground black pepper if you fancy.
- Serve with your choice of bread or crackers. Why not try spreading it on chargrilled sourdough bread fingers, or cut open some pitta breads to make pockets and fill them with the pâté?